Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hello bloggers and bloggettes. Happy anniversary to my mom and dad! This here is a picture of mom, dad, and the present I gave them. Would you guess, that dad said to only give mom the present, not him. When he does this sort of thing, I honestly think of him as a glass half empty kind of guy.

I made this heart basket out of only two slices of paper, no glue (although you need something sticky for the handle), and no the candies are not taped on the back, they are sitting in the basket part of the basket.

To make this present, first I took apart my gumball machine, literally took apart, to find some change. When I got to the store I saw that they raised the price on candy, so the nice cashier traded me a quarter for a dime. Then I walked home to make the basket.

To make a basket like this one, first fold two sheets of paper in half. Then cut the half sheets in tongue shapes. Then cut three lines in each of them (still folded in half). Lastly, wind them together first through, then around, and so on until its done with each of the things from the things of paper cut between. Thats it, then just decorate it how you like.

-Michaela Tate

P.S. I was sick today

P.S.S. Mom did not make this blog (suprisingly, I am talking `bout crafts here! I dont do crafts!).

P.S.S.S. Mom told me to ask all of you guys why your not doing that true mormon thing. She thinks youll listen to me (laugh) I dont even blog that often

3 comments:

Shauna S said...

Very cute! Your parents are super lucky to have you actually do a craft just for them.
Remind them of how much love this shows next time you need something from them. (Just kidding)

Nick said...

Nice job on the gift, looks like it came out great!

Mike said...

Michaela, this is your cuz... I found this blog through your brother's and sister's... keep it up! That is so cool. I have to get into blogging sometime!